Maintenance Attendant - Dual Property
About Stonebridge Companies
Our core values are what drive our Company. We strive to create a respectable, stable and enjoyable workplace, to conduct our business with integrity, to recognize and celebrate our innovative associates, to uphold quality standards, to strive for enriched service and to support the communities in our backyards. Our mission is to consistently refer to the four components of our Mission Statement for guidance during both good and turbulent times. Stonebridge Companies' vision is to be recognized as a highly respected industry leader in hotel development and a top operator of hotel assets.
Stonebridge Companies is interested in attracting and investing in talented, dedicated and highly motivated associates who want to join a progressive organization that believes their associates are their greatest asset. We believe that what lies at the heart of a great company is a place where associates are respected. We believe that when a culture of respect is paramount, associates will in turn treat our guests to the highest level of respect they can deliver. Our current and future success is based on our ability to predict associates needs, recognize their talent, cultivate and nurture those skills. What inspires our associates to want to come to work every day is the opportunity to learn and partner with inspired leaders who are active listeners that care about them.
* Are you looking for an exciting, rewarding and progressive career in hospitality?
* Are you outgoing, adventuresome and consider yourself a people person?
* Do you enjoy making people smile and going out of your way to make them happy?
* Would you like to be a part of a successful team, motivating each other to reach far beyond our goals to grow into industry leaders?
* Are you nodding your head and thinking YES, THIS IS ME?
Then submit your application to be considered for this fantastic opportunity!
The Residence Inn and Courtyard by Marriott in Glenwood Springs, Colorado offers its employees an abundance of unique opportunities. We are nestled in the mountains and surrounded on all sides by breathtaking views and exciting things to do. The welcoming atmosphere embraced by everyone in town translates well to this hotel, its guests and employees. Glenwood Springs is also home to the largest natural hot spring pool in the world, an adventure park nestled on top of a mountain and hundreds of biking/hiking trails.
Working at the Residence Inn and Courtyard allows staff to become personally acquainted with their guests and greatly influence the experiences they have while enjoying Glenwood Springs.
The purpose of a MAINTENANCE ATTENDANT is to perform routine property and equipment repairs and preventative maintenance, monitor utilities and assist in ensuring the safety of guests and associates in compliance with all corporate and brand standards and all federal, state and local laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responds in a courteous and timely manner to all guests’ questions, complaints or requests.
* Performs maintenance and repair work on the interior and exterior of building, hotel rooms and contents, laundry and kitchen/refrigeration equipment, lighting, heating/air conditioning (HVAC) ventilation, water treatment systems and swimming pools.
* Conduct inspections for Preventative Maintenance needs.
* Ensure the security of inventory such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc.
* Replenish supplies in a timely and efficient manner, minimizing waste and ensuring that equipment is prepared and operational for the next shift.
* Completes assigned work orders in a timely manner and within specifications.
* Record and report completed repairs and items that require further attention.
* Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time, and observes prescribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with standards.
* Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
* Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies may be required.
Associate demonstrates a high QUALITY of work:
* Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
* Monitors own work to ensure quality.
* Provides the best possible service to clients and customers.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
* Meets or exceeds productivity standards.
* Produces adequate volume of work efficiently in a specific time.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
* Responds to requests for service and assistance.
* Demonstrates the desire and ability to provide high quality service to both internal and external customers.
* Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
* Asks for and offers help when needed.
* Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
* Takes responsibility for own actions.
* Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
* Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Working knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, painting, HVAC work and masonry. Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
The work environment normally entails the following:
* Ability to work in all types of inclement weather conditions
* 1/3 to 2/3 of time working near mechanical parts, with vibration and risk of electrical shock, and in high, precarious places, on ladders and in extreme cold and heat.
* Exposure to cleaning chemicals throughout the day
* Moderate to occasional loud noise levels consistent with hotel environment
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
The physical activity normally entails the following attributes.
* Stand or walk more than 2/3 of the time
* Sit less than 1/3 of the time
* Use hands to finger, handle, or feel 75% of time
* Reach with hands and arms 75% of time
* Reach overhead with hands and arms 25% of time
* Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, climb or balance 50% of time
* Talk or hear 50% of time
* Carry / Lift /Push/Pull up to 75 lbs.
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled associates.
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the position.