Hotel De Anza
California-Silicon Valley/San Jose
Hotel De Anza
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Hotel De AnzaHotel De Anza, a downtown San Jose luxury boutique hotel, offers the ultimate combination of classic architecture, modern comfort and exceptional hospitality. The hotel is located in the heart of downtown San Jose and within walking distance to the SAP Center, San Jose Convention Center, various restaurants, attractions and conveniently situated only three miles from the San Jose Airport. This AAA Four Diamond hotel offers luxurious guest rooms and well-appointed amenities tailored to fit the convenient needs of the savvy traveler. Hotel De Anza's four star rated, La Pastaia Restaurant continually delights Bay Area diners with its contemporary Italian cuisine and metropolitan ambience.
Job OverviewYou will be an integral member of the team that creates distinctively different and authentic experiences for our guests. You will be responsible to respond to guest requests to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests and use the freedom to go beyond to turn those guest interactions into moments of magic. In addition, you will perform general maintenance tasks, complete assigned work orders and help in the maintenance and repairs of all the areas of the property.Essential Functions
- Enjoy working as part of a team to assist other engineering personnel with routine repairs and preventive maintenance
- Earnestly respond to guest requests to ensure their personal comfort
- Take pride in our house and perform general maintenance to guestrooms and public areas while monitoring and maintaining cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Enthusiastically prepare for daily work assignments and review priorities and special projects
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate time management
- Hold the highest standards for proper use of all equipment
- Responsibility for ensuring safety and security of the property, our guests and fellow associates
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Must have basic knowledge in the building maintenance fields with a minimum of one (1) year in a similar position or equal experience, specifically using hand tools and other tools to repair and maintain equipment.
- Knowledge. Must have experience with basic diagnostic devices and training in general-overall mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, kitchen, and carpentry knowledge and the ability to trouble shoot in these principals.
- People Person. While this position requires working with equipment, the best part is the opportunity to be part of a team and interact with guests.
- A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to trouble shoot and knows a thing or two about safety, facility repairs and maintenance.