• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Eighteen months of education and training beyond high
school level in general repair or closely related technical
Knowledge and skills
• Knowledgeable in safety use for power tools and shop
• Knowledgeable use of general Engineering tools and
• Knowledgeable and experience with elevators
• Knowledgeable in/or EPA Certification.
• Knowledgeable in ADA requirements.
• Knowledgeable of power, water and sewer distribution.
• Working understanding and ability to read blue prints.
• Knowledgeable in fire codes and fire protection.
• Organizational Skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Demonstrate analytical ability to grasp numbers and understand their impact (e.g. demonstrated ability to work under pressure).
• Ability to ensure administrative functions and duties are assigned and completed according to WHG standards, including timekeeping, vendor contracts, and personnel action forms.
• Create a positive work environment by maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity consistent with applicable regulatory standards and Wyndham Hotel Group values.
• Commands a presence of respect and humility; demonstrating the ability to motivate and readily
communicate expectations and follow up.
• Demonstrated knowledge & application of applicable codes, laws & regulations.
• Professional appearance and excellent communication skills in dealing with guests and corporate personnel.
• Ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
• Three years of related work experience
• One year of supervisory experience preferred
• One or more years in mechanical fields such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing.