Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
SUMMARY The Made Market Barista-Cashier is responsible for greeting, selling/order taking, cashiering, preparing of beverages and food items and serving guests in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Process guest checks and collect payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card transactions, room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.Essential Functions
- Greet guests and answer all questions about the menu.
- Accurate and prompt order taking.
- Prompt preparation of beverages and food items in accordance with prescribed procedures and brand standards.
- Timely delivery of beverages/food to guests.
- Prepare check and collect payment from guests in compliance with cash handling, credit card transactions, room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Report all tips in compliance with Company policy and IRS regulations.
- Immediately clean all spills and breakage.
- Clean equipments and areas. Restock service items
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report all incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
- Alcohol awareness certification and familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred. Must be 19years of age to serve alcohol in the state of Arizona.
- High school education or related experience. Cash handling experience preferred Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.