Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Takes accurate orders from customers, enters orders in POS system, makes food
recommendations, pairs beverages and clears/cleans tables once the meal has been
completed while providing excellent guest service. Upsells food and beverage items to
Hours: 11am - 5pm
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Helps guests select food and beverages by presenting menu, offering cocktails
and aperitifs, suggesting courses, explaining the chef's specialties, identifying
appropriate wines and answering food preparation questions.
2. Enters orders to POS system and records guests' choices, special dietary needs
and special requests.
3. Keeps kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression.
4. Processes guest payment transactions accurately and closes out table. Balances
all payment methods with accuracy to sales report.
5. Maintains the cleanliness of the work areas. Keeps area stocked.
6. Prepares room for dining by clothing tables and setting decorations, condiments,
candles, napkins, service plates, and utensils.
7. Follows all standard food handling, sanitation, TIPS and health department
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. One year food service experience, preferably in a hotel/resort environment.
2. Possess a basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, hotel service
standards, guest relations and etiquette.
3. Must have a general knowledge of wine, beer, liquors, waters and drinks served.
4. Requires ability to serve needs of guests through verbal face-to-face interactions.
5. Completes required training as scheduled.
6. Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication and division.
7. Requires ability to learn and use POS computer systems used at the hotel.
8. Strong attention to detail.
9. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to speak, read,
write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and
communicate with guests.
10. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be
required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
11. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must complete TIPS® (Training for Intervention
Procedures) alcohol awareness certification as scheduled upon employment.
Must have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain
one within 30 days of employment.
12. Must know all applicable health standards. Knowledge of federal, state and local
laws, ordinances and regulations and company policy regarding serving alcohol
to minors and intoxicated patrons.
DoubleTree by Hilton Irvine Spectrum is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D.