Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Lounge PM Bartender sets up,prepares and serves beverages and breaks down bars in safe and efficient compliance with Company policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations.What you will be doing
- Processes guest checks and paymentsin compliance with cash handling, credit card and room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Promptly reportsemergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management.
- Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
- Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting.
- Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate.
- Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations.
- Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
- Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
- High school education plus bartending training.
- One or more years of related experience.
- Alcohol awareness certification and familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service.
- Knowledge of and ability to properly prepare mixed drinks and other beverages.
- Ability to understand and comply with proper food handling and serving techniques and with federal, state and local serving regulations.
- Ability to process cash handling, credit card and room charge transactions incompliance with policies and procedures.
- Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment.Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
- Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.