Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Security Guard patrols the hotel and grounds. Responds to security and emergency situations in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards and federal, state and local regulations. Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.What you will be doing
- Know and comply with all safety, security and emergency procedures.
- Patrol all areas of the hotel including grounds and parking lots. Note, search, handle and report on any unusual circumstances, safety violations, car or property theft, accidents and injuries.
- Maintain constant emergency readiness. Respond immediately to all emergency alarms and calls for help. Determine course of action, notify appropriate management and authorities and perform basic first aid as needed.
- Enforce the “No Solicitation Policy” of the hotel, if necessary.
- Escort suspicious or undesirable persons off property, if necessary. Escort individuals to and from vehicles as needed.
- Witness cash handling, if necessary.
- Conduct investigations of security incidents. Complete security forms documenting guest and employee property and/or personal injury incidents.
- Turn in hotel keys and other security equipment at end of shift.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report all incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other duties / tasks as requested by management.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
- High school education plus schooling in law enforcement, loss prevention or related major.
- One or more years of related experience.
- Alcohol awareness and first aid certification plus familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and comply with safety and security policies, procedures and regulations.
- Ability to understand and obtain alcohol awareness and first aid certification.
- Ability to remain calm, take proper steps, and direct others in an emergency.
- Ability to ensure release of any Company, hotel, brand, and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations.
- Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment.
- Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
- Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
The Norfolk Waterside Marriott is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disabled