Swire Hotels announces the opening in 2015 of EAST, Miami at Brickell City Centre, Swire Properties Inc.'s US$1 billion mixed use development in Miami's downtown financial district. It will be the hotel group's first property in the United States and the third hotel under the EAST brand, after the successful opening of EAST, Hong Kong in Island East in 2010 and EAST, Beijing at INDIGO, Beijing in 2012.
EAST, Miami is a lifestyle hotel with a pulse. Perched on top of Brickell City Centre, EAST connects directly to dozens of vibrant restaurants and countless shops while the thriving Brickell street scene lies just outside the door. In the heart of downtown, EAST, Miami offers 255 contemporary rooms, 8 modern suites and 89 serviced apartments.
We serve Guests with the freedom and spontaneity reflected in the individual personalities of our team members.
Who We Are
Swire Hotels is a collection of three individual brands of hotels. This includes the House Collective, EAST and Chapter Hotels. We promise to create different, surprising, relaxing, intoxicating and unique hotel experiences but only those that will actively improve the lives of our guests.
We set out to find natural, engaging and intuitive people and to create a style of service that is both highly professional, yet relaxed and unstuffy.
Our team members flourish by being encouraged to be themselves with guests in order to create engaging and intuitive relationships.
Nature of the Job
Basic Purpose & Objective of the Position
Provide guests with the highest level of efficiency, service, and genuine enthusiasm, surpassing all of the hotel guest's expectations.
* Delivers the brand promise and provides exceptional guest service at all times.
* Provides excellent service to internal customers.
* Handles all guest and employee complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner. Communicates immediately all guest complaints to EAST Host Supervisors or GE Manager.
* Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
* Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to money handling and licensing are adhered to.
* Greets and welcomes all hotel guests.
* Assists hotel guest with their luggage and belongings; delivery of parcels, packages, faxes and messages to guest rooms; "room/check-in" guests following all East Miami standards.
* Provides guests with accurate directions to area attractions; have knowledge of daily hotel events and complete off-property runs for guests as requested meeting all establish service standards.
* Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
* Assists the Concierge desk during times of high-volume.
* Performs all duties of Door Attendants.
* Attends meetings/training as required by management.
* Performs other duties as required by management.
* Maintains a clean work area; lobby and luggage storage.
* Supports Swire Hotels' cultural and people development implementations and characteristics.
* Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
* Exercises responsible behavior at all times and positively representing the hotel team and Swire Hotels.
* Maintains strong, professional relationship with relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organizations.
* Reads the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adheres to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
* Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
* Responds to changes within Guest Experience, as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
* Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Requirements
* Must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential job functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills or abilities.
* Must be able to lift or carry up to 50lbs.
* Must be able to stand for entire shift.
* Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary languages used in the workplace.
* Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with East Miami Hotel standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming.
* Comply at all times with East Miami Hotel standards and regulation to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
* Must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guest, managers and fellow team members.
* Greet and welcome all guest in accordance with East Miami Hotel standards.
* Follow proper procedures to all VIP and special guest request.
* Be familiar with all in-house groups.
* Establish and maintain good communication and teamwork with fellow employees and other departments within the hotel.
* Have knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures as required.
* Handle checked in/out in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
* Be able to perform & complete all tasks and duties on the shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
* Answer inquiries from guest regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc. within the property.
* Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
See description above.