The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially created to be an authentic expression of Nashville’s vibrant music culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city’s distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in downtown Nashville.
The Omni Nashville Hotel’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match.
To provide efficient friendly customer service at all times and to maintain a clean professional appearance. Ensuring service bar and bar guests are satisfied in a prompt, timely manner.Responsibilities
- Acknowledge and greet all guests, anticipate guest needs and respond to guest inquiries or requests.
- Must have full knowledge of food and beverage offerings.
- Monitor and maintain bar cleanliness, sanitation and organization of bar area.
- Properly provide silverware and condiments prior to food being presented at bar area.
- Clean and resetting of bar area as guests depart or preparation of drink is completed.
- Proper bar setup and break down.
- Triple sink procedures.
- Communicate with management, kitchen staff, and serving staff professionally at all times.
- Contributes to a professional workplace that maximized employee moral, productivity anad effectiveness. Works well with a diverse FOH and BOH staff.
- Ensures responsible service of alcohol by following all legal requirements including carding and consumption.
- Accurately takes food and beverage orders from guests and promptly records all transactions in Micros system. Maintains guest tabs and processes payment promptly.
- Monitors pars.
- Must have experience selling/up selling.
- Must have knowledge of wine, spirits and beer.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced team environment.
- Minimum 6 months bartending experience in a high volume upscale restaurant; or minimum 1 year serving experience with bartender knowledge.
- Developed knowledge of wine, spirits, and beer, to including appropriate pours and mixology.
- Previous cash handling experience required.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into MICROS.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up on guest requests and needs in a fast paced environment.
- Must be TABC certified.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance. Requires frequent bending, reaching overhead, and twisting. Must be able to stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.