Line Cook - PM Shift
Loews Hotel 1000 consists of 120 guest rooms, approximately 12,000 square feet of meeting space, a full-service spa, virtual Golf Club, and a new seafood restaurant concept emerging in September. The property is located in the heart of downtown Seattle, steps from the waterfront along Elliott Bay, and conveniently centered near Pike Place Market, Seattle Art Museum, the business district and lively and historic Pioneer Square.
* Follow proper payroll and uniform procedures.
* Run the day to day operation of the station in the kitchen.
* Prepare menu items and specials as required by the outlet.
* Check and complete mise en place and pars and set-up the station.
* Communicate with the Sous Chefs and the Executive Chef regarding menu items, problem situations or shortages.
* Utilize the computer system in retrieving orders and to prepare and plate all items received.
* Work closely with standard recipes and plate presentations in order to maintain standards of quality in production and presentation.
* Maintain a good working relationship with other employees, providing instruction and encouragement as needed.
* Store items properly at the end of the shift, including foods and beverages with labels.
* Ensure a clean, neat and organized work area.
* Turn off all equipment insuring no safety hazard has been left behind.
* Complete prep-work for the following day.
* Handle and report any accident immediately, no matter how minor.
* Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times to reflect the high standards of Boka Restaurant/Hotel 1000 and encourage staff to do the same.
* Respond properly in any restaurant/ hotel emergency or safety situation.
* Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by management and staff.
- Proficient English communication skills (verbal, written, and oral)
- High School Graduate and apprenticeship, cooking school, or culinary education
- WA State Food Handler's Permit
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V