Recognized as one of America's "cultural resources worthy of preservation," The Carolina Inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, a AAA Four Diamond hotel and a Historic Hotels of America member. From the day it opened in 1924, the Inn has played an important role in the life of the University of North Carolina and the Chapel Hill community, and has long been one of the most popular sites in North Carolina for special events, weddings, business meetings, and academic conferences.
The Carolina Inn fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where people come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization. Your role will be integral to the success of our hotel. We strive to create a workplace culture that values family, work-life-balance, community, and help develop our associates by providing support for them to grow their careers.
Our associates are proud to work here!
Job OverviewYou will be a part of the culinary team which masterfully crafts distinctive dishes and cultivates an authentic food experience for our guests. Your food knowledge will be put to the test as you prepare, cook, and garnish meals which are distinct by design, yet true to its place.Essential Functions
- Enjoy working in a fast pace environment while utilizing safe food preparation practices
- Communicate effectively with all sorts of interesting people
- Cultivate an authentic food experience for our guests by bringing your creativity to the creation of distinctive dishes
- Bring the recipes you read to life by accurately reading & following the instructions
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Bring two years of culinary training or related kitchen experience
- Knowledge. Quality knowledge of food safety, sanitation, food products, and food service equipment.
- People Person. The best part about food is enjoying it with others.
- A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to cook, and knows a thing or two about kitchen safety and cleanliness.