The Doubletree Hotel Boston-Bedford Glen, nestled on 24 wooded acres only 18 miles northwest of Downtown Boston just off the crossroads of I-95 and Route 3, is centrally located by the Middlesex towns of Bedford, Burlington, and Billerica. Our contemporary, boutique hotel is the perfect suburban retreat for leisure or business travel, and is ideally suited for business conferences or gala social events. Boston's Logan International Airport (BOS) is less than 40 minutes away, and we offer complimentary car service within a five-mile radius of the hotel.
Job OverviewThe Cook II position is an entry level cook and is responsible for preparing cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc. The Cook II will undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc. The Cook II may prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.Essential Functions
- Sets up stations with the correct food products and utensils.
- Prepares food using proper utensils and adhering to recipe procedures.
- Monitors product on the line and restocks when necessary to ensure food product remains stocked and on hand.
- Prioritizes preparation of each item to ensure the delivery of courses in a timely manner.
- Cleans and sanitizes the work area including counters, utensils, cutting boards, preparation area and floors.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Support team to reach common goals.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Consistently lives the vision and values of the company.
- Celebrates every shift with energy and can-do attitude.
- Flexible and works well in a constantly changing environment.
- Able to work flexible hours and days
- A desire to develop strong culinary skills
- The ability to demonstrate and execute an exceedingly strong work ethic
- The ability to perform physical requirements of the position (lift up to 50lbs)
- The willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in whenever necessary
- Able to bend at the waist and lift items up to 50 lbs. to waist level.
- Must be able to lift, move and carry up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Able to remain standing and active for a 6-8 hour shift.
- Able to safely use cleaning agents.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and implement written and verbal instructions
- 1+ years of professional cooking experience strongly preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred
- Prior knowledge of the foods/products being sold at the specified counter strongly preferred