The Doubletree Hotel Boston-Bedford Glen, nestled on 24 wooded acres only 18 miles northwest of Downtown Boston just off the crossroads of I-95 and Route 3, is centrally located by the Middlesex towns of Bedford, Burlington, and Billerica. Our contemporary, boutique hotel is the perfect suburban retreat for leisure or business travel, and is ideally suited for business conferences or gala social events. Boston's Logan International Airport (BOS) is less than 40 minutes away, and we offer complimentary car service within a five-mile radius of the hotel.
Job OverviewCook I will prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food; Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables; Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients and Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.Essential Functions
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers.
- Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently.
- Monitor food quality while preparing food.
- Set-up and break down work station.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Support team to reach common goals.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Consistently lives the vision and values of the company.
- Celebrates every shift with energy and can-do attitude.
- Flexible and works well in a constantly changing environment
- Able to work flexible hours and days
- Ability to broil, grille and/or saute
- Experience handling knives and operating kitchen equipment
- Proven experience preparing high quality food items to order for our guests
- Must have previous culinary or cooking experience in a restaurant or hotel.
- Professional knowledge of cooking ingredients and procedures preferred.
- Ability to work positively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. as needed
- Continuous use of hands and arms
- Continuous bending, reaching and twisting