Line Cook I (pm)
The Town and Country San Diego is located in the heart of San Diego's Mission Valley, where nostalgic charm mixes with modern amenities to create one-of-a-kind experiences. From sparkling swimming pools and numerous dining options, to boutique-style guest rooms and well-equipped meeting spaces, our hotel in San Diego, CA, delights in the best of everything to meet, swim, and stay. A landmark hotel in San Diego, CA for over 60 years, the new Town and Country is a modern expression of the 1960's Southern California vibe, relaxed, playful and connected, with service that is engaging, approachable yet unobtrusive, where everyone feels welcome.
Job OverviewYou will be a part of the culinary team which masterfully crafts distinctive dishes and cultivates an authentic food experience for our guests. Your food knowledge will be put to the test as you prepare, cook, and garnish meals which are distinct by design, yet true to its place.Essential Functions
- Enjoy working in a fast pace environment while utilizing safe food preparation practices
- Communicate effectively with all sorts of interesting people
- Cultivate an authentic food experience for our guests by bringing your creativity to the creation of distinctive dishes
- Bring the recipes you read to life by accurately reading & following the instructions
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Bring two years of culinary training or related kitchen experience
- Knowledge. Quality knowledge of food safety, sanitation, food products, and food service equipment.
- People Person. The best part about food is enjoying it with others.
- A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to cook, and knows a thing or two about kitchen safety and cleanliness.