JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The purpose of a Cook II / Line Cook is to prepare food items for food outlets according to designed menus, recipes and sample photographs for the Artisan Restaurant and for the Marriott Greenville Banquet Kitchen.
Essential Job Functions
- Uses the kitchen manual regarding recipe samples and all preparation methods.
- Demonstrates safe and proper use of equipment at all times. Perform duties in a safe manner.
- Reduce and keep waste to a minimum.
- Practice basic sanitation and stock rotation and refrigerator cleanliness; keep all work areas clean and tidy.
- Demonstrate proper production of food items, working efficiently to achieve maximum productivity. Prepare cold food items while adhering to recipe file. Monitoring taste and visual appearance.
- Proficiently perform duties on cold entree lines, as well as duties involving food preparation as required.
- Label, date, store and rotate all products while maintaining assigned stock levels. Control food items requested, ensuring stock is maintained without over production.
- Notify Outlet Manager of storeroom requisitions needed for all products the day before their delivery.
- Attend department’s pre-shift meeting to review job list for daily food production.
- Cook or otherwise prepare food according to recipe.
- Cut, trim, and bone meats and poultry for cooking.
1-2 years experience as a Prep Cook (Cook III) or a Cook II, preferably in an outlet of similar size and nature. College degree preferred.
Marriott Greenville is an equal opportunity and e-verify employer. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment.