JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The purpose of the Line Cook is to prep foods for the Cooks and Chefs for a variety of hot and cold food items such as meats, vegetables, cold food items and other dishes in accordance with established standards for quality.
Essential Job Functions
- Proficiently perform duties on cold entrée' lines, as well as duties involving food preparation as required.
- Label, date, store and rotate all products while maintaining assigned stock levels. Control food items requested, ensuring stock in maintained without over production.
- Practice basic sanitation and stock rotation and refrigerator cleanliness, keep all work areas clean and tidy; reduce and keep waste at a minimum.
- Comply with health department standards, upholding regulation at all times. Maintain a safe working environment, report and correct, if possible, any unsafe acts or condition.
- Demonstrate proper production of food items, working efficiently to achieve maximum productivity. Preparation of cold food items such as vinaigrette dressings adhering to recipe file. Monitoring taste, visual appearance.
High School Diploma and/or 2-3 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment.