Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Cook, Cook - Prep
Motif SeattleMotif Seattle is located in the heart of downtown, surrounded by the finest restaurants, shopping, entertainment venues, museums and attractions. You just can't get any closer to the high-energy vibe of Seattle. Managed by Two Roads Hospitality, we promise to deliver a distinctly different, yet genuinely Seattle hotel experience, highlighted by vibrant service and inviting spaces that are individually crafted. Our staff is engaged and here to serve our Guests. The hotel's restaurant, Frolik Kitchen + Cocktails, has become a "local favorite". Located on the fifth floor of the hotel, Frolik boasts the city's largest outdoor deck, with games such as shuffleboard and Ping Pong. It is a truly stylish and energetic experience to socialize and enjoy delicious, fresh and local cuisine, and vibrantly crafted drinks. Working in the hottest downtown Seattle hotel is the right choice for you! We are a vibrant team that values work life balance, acts with the highest ethical standards and develops lasting relationships. We foster an environment of service and respect where everyone's ideas and points of view are welcomed.
Job OverviewThe Line Cook is responsible for cooking, preparing, and garnishing all cold/hot food. We work collaboratively as a team to provide high quality and fun fare. There is opportunity for contributing to menus and developing our kitchen so we can achieve our goals together. We are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days a week, so we are able to offer flexibility in training and scheduling.Essential Functions
- Some experience working on a line in a restaurant.
- Positive attitude and ability to keep cool in high volume kitchen
- Ability to work under pressure and take initiative in a fast paced environment
- Responsible for daily prep, line cooking, daily breakdown of station and clean-up at end of day
- Good food handling knowledge and is familiar with excellent food safety practices
- Excellent customer service focus and communication skills
- Works well collaboratively with a team and also has initiative to stay on task when unsupervised
- Ability to develop an effective working relationship with fellow employees and supervisors
- Must have flexible schedule to meet business demand