Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
Meal prep and kitchen dutiesfor small restaurant which includes banquet functions occasionally.Job Description
Summary of Position:
- Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Assistant General Manager or manager-on-duty.
- Responsible for kitchen cleanliness and cleaning duties that may include: dishes, workstation sanitation, kitchen floors, appliances, refrigerators and freezers, etc. Qualifications:
- Previous experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 30 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Must be able to follow printed recipes and plate specifications
- Must maintain personal hygiene in accordance to Providence Health Department standards for Food Service Employees.
- The Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
- TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing.
- With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures.
- TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
- Prep work, meal prep for small restaurant, some catering functions.
- We are looking for someone who is dependable!! You must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Dependability - Good Work History and references: some proven record of previous cooking in a restaurant environment
- Full time position
Dependability and ability to pass criminal background check.Benefits
We offer an array of company sponsored and voluntary benefits to full and part time team members! We believe that taking care of our team members is a top priority, and because of this, we work diligently to provide you with the best benefits available!
Part time (20 hours/week) team members are eligible for:
- Complimentary Parking
- Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance and AD&D
- Long Term and Short Term Disability Insurance
- Our Employee Assistance Program
- Team Member Room Discounts!