Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
The Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront is looking for an experienced Cook to join their Culinary team! The Line Cook is responsible for preparing food orders efficiently and consistently, assisting in the maintenance of the kitchen, and overseeing the preparation of banquet food according to banquet BEOs to ensure timely delivery, food quality, consistency and presentation.
The Line Cook will be required to work day and/or evening shifts, both weekdays and weekends. This is a full-time position.
- Complete opening duties as assigned, including the following:
- Set up physical aspect of stations: grill, pantry, banquet, etc.
- Make preparation list of necessary food items.
- Requisition all listed food items and transport from walk-in, etc. to assigned station.
- Check quality and quantity of all stock and supplies.
- Ensure a sufficient supply of all chinaware for service.
- Ensure cleanliness and condition of assigned station.
- Prepare necessary food items for meal period and next service.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Cook for scheduled meal period.
- Complete closing duties assigned, including the following:
- Properly cover, label and change out all pans.
- Store food items in their proper place.
- Wipe down and clean station as assigned.
- Food preparation:
- Organize prep for all stations according to the BEO to ensure that all food is completed on time
- Food is to be prepared in a manner consistent with use records
- Guest requests must be met
- Ensure that food quality is high and consistent
- Daily check on prep and par levels of all items for all stations
- Prep meats, fishes, marinades, sauces and soups at times as directed by the Executive chef.
- Prepare food for the concierge lounge when directed to do so
- Cross train for the Formaggio line in order to relieve the Formaggio lead line cook when scheduled to do so.
- Food Safety:
- Sanitation buckets used at all times
- Towels, knives and utensils kept in sanitizer solution
- Temperatures of all potentially dangerous foods to be kept above 135 or below 41
- Cleanliness of all areas of the banquet kitchen to be improved and maintained
- All food covered, labeled and dated at all times
- Remove soiled wares from station as assigned and transport to dishwashing area.
- Follow supervisor’s instruction as requested.
- Follow maintenance program and cleaning schedule.
- Alert management as to any deficiencies of food items.
- Notify management of any pertinent information related to shift activities.
- Alert management as to any maintenance needs or safety hazards.
- Prior experience cooking in large batches preferred
- At least 1 year experience as a Restaurant/Banquet Cook preferred
- Previous hotel kitchen experience preferred
High School or better.
1 year: Restaurant or Banquet Cook
Licenses & Certifications
CA Food Handler