Stowe Mountain Lodge, located in the heart of the storybook town of Stowe, Vermont, is New England's preeminent ski-in/ski-out mountain lodge. Boasting 312 luxuriously appointed accommodations, world-class spa, award-winning dining, 18-hole Bob Cupp designed golf course, 24-hour heated pool and a wide array of year-round activities, Stowe Mountain Lodge is a destination truly unlike anything else in the east. Despite the carefully crafted rustic Vermont-Alpine architecture, stunning, panoramic mountain views and the tranquility of the area, Stowe Mountain Lodge believes success is achieved by the team behind the property. At Stowe Mountain Lodge, we promote a strong work ethic, cooperation and a team-building mentality, positive spirit, new ideas and growth and reward those who consistently go above and beyond in their work. We empower our employees, at every level, so each individual can truly make a difference at Stowe Mountain Lodge. Undoubtedly, we recognize it is people that support Stowe Mountain Lodge that make it the most exceptional, unsurpassed, luxury ski resort in the Northeast.
Job OverviewThis position will plan, prep, set up and provide quality service in all areas of food production for menu items and specials in the designated outlets, in accordance with standards and plating guide specifications.Essential Functions
- Maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Meet with Head Cook/Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance
- Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guide
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Sous Chef to ensure optimum service to guests
- Inform Head Cook of any excess items that can be used in daily specials or elsewhere
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Hotel requirements
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost
- Review status of work and follow-up actions required with the Head Cook before leaving
- 1 - 3 Years (minimum) culinary experience required.
- Experience in a high volume, fine dining kitchen strongly preferred.
- High school diploma required. Culinary degree preferred.
- Knowledge of food safety, sanitation, food products and food service equipment.
- Previous experience maintaining professional and respectful work relationships.
- Valid Food Handler Certification preferred.
- Excellent customer service focus and communication skills.
- Flexible schedule to include mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- We seek skilled Line cooks to work in our amazing outlets this winter including Stowe Mountain Club, Solstice and Banquets.