Leisure Sales Manager
The Mark Hotel
Location: US - NY - New York
One of New York's premier luxury boutique hotels is seeking a dynamic, passionate, organized and proactive team member. The candidate will report directly to the Director of Sales and Marketing and will support and facilitate the growth of hotel revenue. This position requires the individual to proactively generate new business, develop a strong account base and strengthen client relationships in order to exceed revenue goals. Candidate should have existing relationships within the Luxury Leisure Sales market segment.
- Actively prospect new business within the Leisure Sales Market segment within defined territories.
- Provide leadership, insights and strategies to increase revenue.
- Conduct site experiences and entertain potential and existing clients.
- Travel to assigned geographical markets and attend trade shows as needed to promote the hotel.
- Be responsible for and implement a sales action plan for the development of high yielding corporate accounts.
- Develop strong working relationships with hotel department heads and operational areas.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports of sales calls and marketing actions.
- Degree in Hospitality Management, Tourism or Business.
- 3+ years Luxury Hospitality Sales experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be computer literate in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with Opera, Trust/ Leo, Hotelligence.
- Fluency in excel, statistical reporting.
- Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Previous experience in a luxury hospitality setting; good understanding of luxury hotel operations.
- Strong guest relations skills.
- Knowledge of a foreign language a plus.
- Positive, team work driven, go-- getter attitude.
- Distaste for the words "no" and "can't".