Stowe Mountain Lodge, located in the heart of the storybook town of Stowe, Vermont, is New England's preeminent ski-in/ski-out mountain lodge. Boasting 312 luxuriously appointed accommodations, world-class spa, award-winning dining, 18-hole Bob Cupp designed golf course, 24-hour heated pool and a wide array of year-round activities, Stowe Mountain Lodge is a destination truly unlike anything else in the east. Despite the carefully crafted rustic Vermont-Alpine architecture, stunning, panoramic mountain views and the tranquility of the area, Stowe Mountain Lodge believes success is achieved by the team behind the property. At Stowe Mountain Lodge, we promote a strong work ethic, cooperation and a team-building mentality, positive spirit, new ideas and growth and reward those who consistently go above and beyond in their work. We empower our employees, at every level, so each individual can truly make a difference at Stowe Mountain Lodge. Undoubtedly, we recognize it is people that support Stowe Mountain Lodge that make it the most exceptional, unsurpassed, luxury ski resort in the Northeast.
Job OverviewThis position oversees the proper training of and directs the food and beverage service staff to ensure service standards are met. This position is also responsible to greet, take orders from guests, serve food and beverages, check on guest satisfaction and handle the payment and complaints/concerns of customers.Essential Functions
- Train new service employees to perform to company service standards
- Helps to ensure service standards are being met by all service staff
- Must be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws
- Greet guests when entering the restaurant with a pleasant smile and superior customer service
- Maintain familiarity with menus and beverage offerings
- Set tables according to type of event and service standards
- Take orders and answer questions/offer suggestions on menu selections
- Communicate with culinary team regarding meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs and special requests
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day
- Complete closing duties
- Two years’ minimum previous experience as a server or bartender providing customer service preferably in a similar setting with a working knowledge of Spirits, Wine, Beer and Food service
- Flexible. Must be able to work varied shifts, including Weekday Evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Friendly. Must be able to deliver a fun and friendly environment during each guest exchange
- Energetic. Must be able to work within an empowered and fast paced environment that services the bar and servers within the restaurant
- Knowledge. County Specific Food Handlers Certification, DLC certification preferred.
- A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.