JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The purpose of the Lead Engineer is to monitor, maintain, repair and perform preventative maintenance on hotel heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, and perform general maintenance duties.
- Directly or indirectly supervises associates and/or supervisors.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to: interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensures that each Guest receives outstanding Guest Service by providing a Guest friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every Guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of Guest Service.
- Empowered to guarantee total guest satisfaction, display hospitality and professionalism to our guests at all times, take pride in representing JHM Hotels professionally with our guests and assuring that all transactions with guests are handled in a legal and ethical manner.
- Understands and apply all property safety and security procedures to maintain a secure and safe environment for associates and guests at all times. In the event of an accident or emergency, gets medical attention if necessary and contacts the GM or Human Resources immediately.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company associates to foster and promote a positive working environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervises and assigns the work of maintenance employees, inspects work for completeness.
- Determines material, equipment, and supplies to be used. Transfers equipment and personnel from one project to another as necessary.
- Prepares work schedules as necessary.
- Coordinates or installs, inspects, repairs and maintains the electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other related systems in all property locations.
- Has knowledge of HVAC and refrigeration systems, including repair, maintenance and basic electric and plumbing skills. Ability to troubleshoot equipment and identify needs and parts.
- Has mechanical aptitude for operation and repair of hotel equipment and has the knowledge and ability to perform a variety of general maintenance repairs.
- Has working knowledge regarding application and storage of all applicable chemicals and the OSHA standards for chemical use.
- Operate hand and power tools (drills, hoisting equipment, reciprocating saw, and pressure washing equipment); dial indicators and testing equipment for air, water balancing and control calibration.
- Read manufacturer instructions, blueprints, etc. and the ability to discern various colors of electrical wiring.
High School Diploma Preferred; basic understanding of HVAC and Refrigeration; 2-3 years prior supervisor or management experience in a facility of similar size and scope.
Certificates & Licenses
Valid State Driver’s License (anyone driving a Company vehicle or required to drive as a part of their job); others required by Brand Standard and/or State Law.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify employer. All applicants are subject to a substance abuse and background screening prior to any offers of employment.