Lead Line Cook
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Cook, Cook - Prep
Motif SeattleMotif Seattle is located in the heart of downtown, surrounded by the finest restaurants, shopping, entertainment venues, museums and attractions. You just can't get any closer to the high-energy vibe of Seattle. Managed by Two Roads Hospitality, we promise to deliver a distinctly different, yet genuinely Seattle hotel experience, highlighted by vibrant service and inviting spaces that are individually crafted. Our staff is engaged and here to serve our Guests. The hotel's restaurant, Frolik Kitchen + Cocktails, has become a "local favorite". Located on the fifth floor of the hotel, Frolik boasts the city's largest outdoor deck, with games such as shuffleboard and Ping Pong. It is a truly stylish and energetic experience to socialize and enjoy delicious, fresh and local cuisine, and vibrantly crafted drinks. Working in the hottest downtown Seattle hotel is the right choice for you! We are a vibrant team that values work life balance, acts with the highest ethical standards and develops lasting relationships. We foster an environment of service and respect where everyone's ideas and points of view are welcomed.
Job OverviewThis position is responsible for oversight of the kitchen staff who prepare, cook, and garnish meals for hotel guests and patrons. The Lead Cook will provide leadership and guidance to the shift staff and also will work on the hot or cold line as needed. With focus on quality and production levels, this position will assist the culinary team with their mission to exceed customers’ expectations related to food quality and dining experience.Essential Functions
- Leads by example and masters both the hot and cold food item production
- Inspects presentation quality and expedites the line as needed
- Must be able to read recipes and follow measurement instructions accurately
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all team members
- Consistently practice safe and sanitary food handling techniques
- Maintain workstation and equipment safety and cleanliness
- Apply basic knife skills required for preparation of hot and cold foods
- Able to work flexible hours and days
- Three years of training or related experience required
- Knowledge of food safety, sanitation, food products, and food service equipment
- Previous experience maintaining professional and respectful work relationships