Job Title: Lead Engineer
Reports to: General Manager
Supervise and perform work to keep equipment and the structure of the property in repair.
Duties may involve carpentry; repairing electrical or mechanical equipment; installing, aligning,
and balancing new equipment; and repairing buildings, floors, and stairs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects the essential duties for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be
assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any
time. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties
satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Implement and adhere to the preventative maintenance program for the property.
• Provide support and direction to maintenance technicians and subcontractors that will
facilitate effective maintenance to the hotels.
• Inspect work performed to ensure that it meets specifications and established standards.
• Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly,
building systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of buildings does not
• Develop, implement and manage energy conservation programs for the property to minimize
• Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools, and
• Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints,
repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
• Assemble, install and/or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems
and plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
• Perform maintenance work orders in a timely manor to maintain guest satisfaction.
• Communicate with other departments pertaining to guest room conditions.
• Maintain clean and orderly work areas and storage rooms.
• Supervise Maintenance Engineers and ensure smooth operation of the maintenance
• Represent Ocean Park Inn’s values on a daily basis: Integrity, Professionalism, Teamwork,
Quality, Leadership, and Appreciation.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining
when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
• Repairing - Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
• Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
• Installation - Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
• Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to
understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at
• Equipment Selection - Determining the type of equipment needed to do a job.
• Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It
does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
• Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern
according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures,
• Manual Dexterity - The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm,
or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
• Multilimb Coordination - The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms,
two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve
performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
• Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
• Arm-Hand Steadiness - The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your
arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
• Trunk Strength - The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part
of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
• Stamina - The ability to exert yourself physically over long periods of time without getting
winded or out of breath.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Post-Secondary Certificate (Vocational Home Economics, Construction Trades, Mechanics
and Repairers, Precision Production Trades) preferred
• Minimum of 2 years of building maintenance experience
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in a management capacity
San Diego, CA
Ocean Park Inn
45760 - 50000 USD
Position Available: Immediately
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Management Position: Yes
Address: 710 Grand Ave , San Diego, CA, 92109, US