For us, hotels aren't simply places to sleep, they're places where dreams are born.
We encourage our employees to make their mark while giving back to their communities and saving the environment.
Job OverviewThis position is responsible for oversight of the kitchen staff who prepare, cook, and garnish meals for hotel guests and patrons. The Lead Cook will provide leadership and guidance to the shift staff and also will work on the hot or cold line as needed. With focus on quality and production levels, this position will assist the culinary team with their mission to exceed customers’ expectations related to food quality and dining experience.Essential Functions
- Leads by example and masters both the hot and cold food item production
- Inspects presentation quality and expedites the line as needed
- Must be able to read recipes and follow measurement instructions accurately
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all team members
- Consistently practice safe and sanitary food handling techniques
- Maintain workstation and equipment safety and cleanliness
- Apply basic knife skills required for preparation of hot and cold foods
- Able to work flexible hours and days
- Three years of training or related experience required
- Knowledge of food safety, sanitation, food products, and food service equipment
- Previous experience maintaining professional and respectful work relationships