Lead Body Technicians
The Fairmont Southampton
Location: Bermuda - Southampton
Lead Body Technician
Luxury and tranquility in an authentic setting, await our guests at our Willow Stream Spa. As a Lead Body Technician our guests will enjoy the professional and personalized spa experience you offer. The expertise and attention to detail you provide during their treatment will ensure our guests have a memory to share.
Hotel Overview: Reigning from Bermuda's highest point, over a majestic 100 acre estate, The Fairmont Southampton is located on the southern shore of Bermuda. The Fairmont Southampton has been the island's premier luxury resort since its opening in 1972 and is regarded as a leader in the hospitality industry on the island.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Spa Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Performing all 30, 60 and 90 minute massage and body treatments
- Training and supervising all Aestheticians in the latest trends and guest service protocols
- Coordinating the aesthetic services with other Spa programmes
Consistently offer impeccable, professional, friendly and engaging service
Maintaining a clean, hygienic and neat work environment at all times, ensuring all equipment is in safe working order
Actively participate in the Spa Operations promoting, cross-selling treatments, products and services
Participating in training and development programs as required
Assisting guests regarding hotel facilities in a courteous, informative and helpful way
Developing and maintaining cohesive working relationships with colleagues
Following and enforcing all department standards, policies and procedures, safety and sanitation policies
Other duties as assigned
- Recognized certification in Massage Therapy required
- Minimum of 5 years experience in massage therapy required
- 2 years experience as a supervisor an asset
- Experience with cross-selling products and services an asset
- CPR and First Aid certification an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, problem solving, communication and organizational skills
- Able to work efficiently, independently and cohesively as part of a team in a demanding multi cultural environment
- Able to focus attention on guest needs, remaining personable, calm and courteous at all times
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows applications in particular MS Word, Excel and Outlook required
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to ):
- Frequent standing (periods ranging from 35 - 120 minutes)
Frequent bending and reaching throughout shift
Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, sitting
Occasional ascending or descending stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Non-Bermudian candidates will need to qualify for a Bermuda Department of Immigration work permit applied for by the Fairmont Southampton Hotel.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!