Tucked away on Mission Bay you will find Paradise Point Resort & Spa, a 44-acre island resort conveniently located next door to SeaWorld and just minutes from the airport, downtown San Diego, and top attractions like the world-famous San Diego Zoo.
Featuring over 462 bungalow-style rooms nestled amongst tropical gardens, lagoons, and beaches, Paradise Point has served as a top destination for Southern California vacations, weddings, and meetings for over 50 years.
You will join a team of incredibly friendly and positive people that are all committed to providing exceptional service to all of our guests. We foster an environment of service and respect where everyone's ideas and points of view are welcomed.
Job OverviewLaundry Driver is responsible for operating a 24 feet’s straight truck to deliver / pick up laundry linen to customers in a timely manner. Process all soiled hotel bed linens, terry and food and beverage table linens by operating all laundry machinery in accordance to hotel's standards. This position requires maintaining an on-time schedule and a cordial, professional relationship, frequent contact with customers at various locations.Essential Functions
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards. Respond promptly and acknowledge all customers, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- The laundry driver is the face of the company and must project a professional and positive image of the company at all times while maintaining and building excellent client and customer relationships.
- Laundry Driver is responsible for operating a 24 feet’s straight truck to deliver / pick up laundry linen to customers in a timely manner.
- Anticipate customers’ needs,
- Maintain positive customer relations at all times.
- Resolve customer complaints, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Use cleaning chemicals according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Adhere to all Health Department, sanitation and safety regulations.
- Set up and organize work station with designated supplies and equipment; replenish as needed throughout the shift.
- Sort all stained/damaged items and determine status for rewash or discard.
- Remove all debris on floors after each sorting.
- Weigh each bundle of soiled items; place designated weights in the laundry machines.
- Operate all laundry machines according specific formulas
- Remove washed articles from the washing machine when the cycle is complete. Inspect cleanliness and place in clean linen carts.
- Transport cart of washed linen to dryers and place in dryers according to load size. Set dryers to designated times and temperatures for the particular articles to be dried.
- Remove articles from dryer when cycle is complete and place in clean linen cart. Transport cart to proper work area for finishing.
- Operate the ironing and folder machines. Check the cleanliness and condition of articles while processing through the machines; separate damaged/stained articles.
- Possess current, CA driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Ability to:
- perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- prioritize and organize.
- be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- follow directions thoroughly.
- understand customer’s service needs.
- work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- work with minimal supervision.
- maintain confidentiality of customer information and pertinent hotel data.
- High school graduate or equivalent vocational training.
- Previous experience in similar position.
- Knowledge of laundry
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling
- Exert physical effort in transporting/ pushing/ pulling/ lifting up to 75 pounds
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Reach 24 inches/feet.
- Remain in stationary position for 4 hours throughout work shift.
- Satisfactorily communicate with customer, management and co-workers to their understanding.