Founded in 1985, First Hospitality Group, Inc. is a nationally recognized hotel management company providing management, acquisition, development and receivership services to a variety of hotels. Our portfolio includes more than 55 properties and 16 major hotel brands including Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt and Carlson. Headquartered in the Chicago area, we concentrate our business prospects in key markets in the Midwest — spanning our business in major cities across 10 states.
Our Company is dedicated to putting people first. FHG's strong and engaging culture creates a high-level experience for associates and guests alike. We look for service super stars to join our team and support our commitment to excellence.
We provide a broad based, experienced supervisory staff focused on achieving all of our goals: exceptional financial returns, well-trained and motivated associates, and superior levels of guest satisfaction.
Our outstanding track record has been achieved through an uncompromising and consistent dedication to these goals. With over half of our managed properties owned by our company and its principals, we approach our day-to-day activities with this entrepreneurial ownership perspective. The results speak for themselves.
We seek a positive, service-oriented, energetic and self-motivated Laundry Attendant to join our team. The Laundry Attendant will work closely with the hotel’s housekeeping team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Retrieve linen from guest rooms, banquets, outlets and other areas of the hotel that may need linen materials cleaned.
* Sort, load, unload and fold linen and other items.
* Ensure Laundry room is maintained and stocked to ensure a clean and orderly work area.
* Inspect linen for stains, tears, and rips to ensure pristine look of items and report any deficiencies to the Executive Housekeeper for prompt repair/resolution.
* Secure and maintain custody of equipment, keys and supplies at all times in order to protect and preserve hotel property.
* Ability to walk and stand for hours at a time
* Flexible availability required (shifts may include mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays)
* Ability to bend, push, pull and lift items up to 25 lbs.
* Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
* Must have basic knowledge of general cleaning principles, use of cleaning products and operation of standard cleaning equipment.
* Previous hotel laundry experience preferred.
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
* High school or equivalent education preferred.
First Hospitality Group seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. FHG fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER