At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
- Launder and Inspect all terry and linen used in THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK
- Ensure all laundry is in accordance with the standards of THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK
- Participate in creating a culture and environment where teamwork is encouraged and promoted in order to exceed the expectations of our guests
All Laundry Attendants ensure that standards are met in regards to cleanliness, service, and maintenance for all linens and terry used in THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK. Laundry Attendant interact with fellow team members in a professional and polite manner at all times. Laundry Attendants use consistent and efficient methods at all times in accordance with the standards of THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK.
- Laundry Attendants must perform all duties and job functions in accordance with OSHA regulations and safety standards.
- Laundry Attendants must sort used linens into appropriate categories for washing.
- Laundry Attendants must ensure proper use of chemicals while washing linens and terry.
- Laundry Attendants are responsible for loading and unloading washers and dryers.
- Laundry Attendants are responsible for sorting clean terry and linens.
- Laundry Attendants are responsible for folding all linen and terry in accordance with the standards of THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK.
- Laundry Attendants are responsible for assisting all other aspects of the Housekeeping department as directed by a Supervisor or Management.
- Laundry Attendants must keep regular inventory of all linen, terry, and cleaning supplies and report to a Supervisor or Manager when stocks are getting low
- Laundry Attendants are responsible for inspecting all linen and terry before folding and distributing for guest rooms and/or public areas
- Laundry Attendants maintain a continuous and positive relationship with other departments as well as the entire Housekeeping department, in order to guarantee guests are receiving quality services that exceed their expectations.
- Laundry Attendants must uphold the culture and standards of THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK at all times and be an exemplary ambassador of the property and brand.
- Laundry Attendants must participate in all line-ups and departmental meetings, unless otherwise excused in advance by a Supervisor or Manager.
- Laundry Attendants must remain knowledgeable of all hotel information and events.
- Laundry Attendants are responsible for completing any training certifications or retraining as directed by a Manager, Supervisor, or Human Resources.
Laundry Attendants are considered Heart of House team members.
- Laundry Attendants work with the entire Housekeeping department.
- Laundry Attendants primarily work in the Laundry Area of the Housekeeping department.
A hotel where the employees are empowered and given the freedom to creatively and resourcefully anticipate the guest’s wishes and needs and to follow through to ensure execution is flawless.
Departmental environment is in accordance with OSHA regulations and safety standards. Laundry Attendants must contribute to a respectful, courteous, and team-oriented Housekeeping department environment.
Create the “WOW” factor
- Responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance in regards to all linens and terry used in THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK.
- Responsible for inspecting all linen and terry before distributing
- Reports to: Inspectors/Supervisors
- Key Relationships: Housepersons, Public Area Attendants, Room Attendants, Director of Housekeeping, Engineering
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, team members, and Management.
- At least 1 year of housekeeping and/or laundry experience preferred.
- High School degree preferred.
- Fluent in a foreign language preferred.
- Must be able to physically perform all tasks assigned.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be able to understand and follow instructions.
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays, evenings, and occasionally irregular shifts
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work closely with others.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
- Ability to follow-through and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to physically perform all assigned tasks.
- Ability to maintain and uphold all company and hotel standards.
- Ability to professionally represent “THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK” while presenting a warm, professional, and refined demeanor with guests and fellow team members.
- Ability to maintain knowledge of all hotel features, information, and events.
- Ability to ensure the security and confidentially of all guest information and internal hotel practices.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated materials, in accordance with OSHA regulations, hotel requirements, and product recommendations
- Ensure linen and terry is sorted appropriately
- Sort out and remove stained, torn, frayed, or unsightly linen and terry. All linen and terry that is sent out from the Laundry department must be in accordance with the standards of THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK
- Treat stains according to product specifications
- Operate washing and drying equipment
- Load and unload washers and dryers
- Hang clean linens as appropriate
- Fold and inspect clean linen and terry
- Organize and place clean linens and terry on correct rack
- Ensure overall organization of the Laundry department
- Maintain inventory of all cleaning supplies and communicate needs to Supervisor immediately
- Report low inventory of any and all linen and terry to Supervisor immediately
- Ensure all biohazards are labeled and disposed of correctly
- Clean up machines, work stations, and laundry room.
- Assist all other aspects of the Housekeeping Department as directed by Supervisor
- Report all guest complaints to Inspectors/Supervisors
- Report any damages or maintenance issues to Inspectors and Engineering
- Turn over any lost and found items to Inspectors or Managers
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other reasonable duties as assigned by their Supervisors and/or Management.
EOE/M/F/D/V Must be willing to submit to background check upon offer