The Rizzo Center in Chapel Hill, North Carolina is a sophisticated meeting destination ideally situated near Research Triangle Park (RTP) and the Raleigh-Durham International Airport. Secluded on 30 acres of lush wooded landscape, the environment and architecture of the Center inspires creative thinking and encourages fresh perspectives. We foster a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where people come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization. Your role will be integral to the success of our hotel. We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work life balance and community. We help develop our associates and provide support for them to grow their careers.
Our associates are proud to work here!
Job OverviewYou will work within the housekeeping department to monitor and maintain the availability of necessary linens and towels. You will work closely with other departments within the property to remain informed and ready with the daily necessities of the operation.Essential Functions
- Take pride in your work by monitoring and maintaining safety, cleanliness, sanitation and organization of laundry facilities, equipment, and storage areas
- Be proactive in removing from circulation any torn or stained linen for reclaim or discard according to standards
- Maintain complete knowledge of proper maintenance and use of equipment
- Follow the required procedures for handling, cleaning, disposing of, or moving objects/materials and/or the clean-up of hazardous materials in accordance with the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Standards
- Promptly report any damages or maintenance problems
- Experience. Previous related experience is helpful, but we will train the right attitude!
- Knowledge. Must understand proper cleaning techniques, chemical handling, and the requirements for use of housekeeping equipment.
- Strengths. Must work well with others, have an eye for detail and have the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Competitive compensation including Health Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Sick Pay. In addition, meals are provided FREE OF CHARGE on site by our illustrious chef and food and beverage team during your shift. FREE PARKING. Various fun and engaging employee events are scheduled throughout the year!