At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Pay Rate: $9.50/hr
QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATION,KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Education: Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. 8th grade education preferred.
- Experience: None required, laundry experience preferred.
- Licenses or certificates: None.
- Grooming: All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance (specific standards available).
- Other: Prefer understanding of English language.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Working knowledge of the use of laundry chemicals and different formulas, as well as effects on various types of linen.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, push or pull heavy loads, and stand for long periods of time. Requires lifting bundles of linen weighing up to 50 (??) lbs.
- Ability to push and/or pull wheeled carts weighing up to 100 (??) lbs.
- Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as safety labels and instructions.
Operate washing and drying equipment, load and unload laundry from machines. Measure and administer cleaning agents to laundry according to product specifications. (60%)
Monitor feeder information on washers, make sure all drums are full, and report any irregularities to immediate supervisor. (20%)
Set the proper drying and cooling times for different types of linen.(10%)
Clean up machines and surrounding areas.(5%)
Press and fold laundry and put in store rooms. (5%)
Assist in other functions when directed by supervisor. (5%)
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Benchmark from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Benchmark rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
Assist other positions in department as needed or as directed by immediate supervisor.
Other duties as assigned, such as assisting Sorters.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/D/F/V