The Town and Country San Diego is located in the heart of San Diego's Mission Valley, where nostalgic charm mixes with modern amenities to create one-of-a-kind experiences. From sparkling swimming pools and numerous dining options, to boutique-style guest rooms and well-equipped meeting spaces, our hotel in San Diego, CA, delights in the best of everything to meet, swim, and stay. A landmark hotel in San Diego, CA for over 60 years, the new Town and Country is a modern expression of the 1960's Southern California vibe, relaxed, playful and connected, with service that is engaging, approachable yet unobtrusive, where everyone feels welcome.
Job OverviewYou will work within the housekeeping department to monitor and maintain the availability of necessary linens and towels. You will work closely with other departments within the property to remain informed and ready with the daily necessities of the operation.Essential Functions
- Take pride in your work by monitoring and maintaining safety, cleanliness, sanitation and organization of laundry facilities, equipment, and storage areas
- Be proactive in removing from circulation any torn or stained linen for reclaim or discard according to standards
- Maintain complete knowledge of proper maintenance and use of equipment
- Follow the required procedures for handling, cleaning, disposing of, or moving objects/materials and/or the clean-up of hazardous materials in accordance with the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Standards
- Promptly report any damages or maintenance problems
- Experience. Previous related experience is helpful, but we will train the right attitude!
- Knowledge. Must understand proper cleaning techniques, chemical handling, and the requirements for use of housekeeping equipment.
- Strengths. Must work well with others, have an eye for detail and have the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.