JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
Essential Job Functions
- Sorts, washes, dries and folds all linen and terry. Pulls out of circulation stained and damaged linen and terry and sets aside for mending or extra cleaning.
- Keeps all equipment clean and reports maintenance problems to supervisor.
- Keeps laundry room and linen/terry storerooms stocked, clean and orderly.
- Keeps all laundry and cleaning supplies stocked and stored properly.
- Assists housekeepers in stripping rooms of linen and terry, and helps with stocking of housekeeping carts.
- Acquires working knowledge of the property and all facilities to respond to guest questions effectively.
- Understands and applies all hotel safety and security procedures as required to maintain a secure and safe environment for all associates and guests.
- Keeps immediate superior promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance coming to his/her attention so prompt corrective action can be taken.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Complies with Company Standards of Service as outlined for JHM Hotels.
- Projects a favorable image of JHM Hotels to the public at all times.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Treats guests, vendors, customers and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times.
- Completes Departmental, JHM Hotels and Brand standards training as assigned.
- Maintains a clean and neat appearance at all times.
- Must be able to work flexible work hours/schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma Preferred
JHM Hotels is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify employer. All applicants are subject to a background
and substance abuse screening prior to any offers of employment.