Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Laundry Attendant processes, washes, dries, irons and folds linens and other items in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receive and sort soiled linen into appropriate containers. Follow proper policies and procedures regarding decontamination and quality standards.
- Operate commercial washers with approved detergents, required temperatures and proper laundry weight.
- Finish laundry which may include operating linen feeders, sheet and towel folders and flatwork ironing machines. Fold all items based on policies, procedures and brand standards.
- Ensure finished products are inspected and meet quality standards.
- Keep assigned work areas in clean and safe condition.
- Prompt reporting to housekeeping management all emergencies, injuries, missing articles, damage, mechanical problems and safety hazards.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other mattes of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
QUALIFICATIONS The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
High school education or related experience. Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service. Ability to correctly use laundry supplies and operate industrial laundry equipment. Ability to understand and comply with proper cleaning techniques and procedures. Ability to timely complete tasks and resolve basic matters. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures. Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills. Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
Physical work is a primary part of job. Work is normally performed in an interior hotel environment with cleaning supplies, equipment and machines. The work involves exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. The exposure to hazards or physical risks requires following basic safety precautions and use of applicable protective equipment. Physical requirements include extended standing and walking, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling and lifting up to 50 lbs. While performing job duties, the associate is required to listen, speak and write. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses.
This shift is the 3:00 pm till 11:00 pm .
We are seeking a Laundry Attendant to maintain the cleanliness of all linen in the hotel to include sheets, tablecloths, napkins and other hotel linen.
The position requires a good eye for cleanliness, quick thinking in responding to inquiries & problems in an efficient, courteous & professional manner to achieve maximum guest satisfaction. Must understand English.
This is a full time position and weekends could be included.