At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
- Following assigned job tasks issued by a supervisor on a daily basis.
- Responding to any guest requests or complaints in an expedient, professional manner, notifying supervisors to ensure follow up.
- Making every attempt to recognize any guest by name and to convey our obvious, enthusiastic appreciation for their patronage.
- Sorting all linen on a daily basis.
- Loading and unloading all dryers in the proper manner, to include the cleaning of lint traps in dryers two times daily or when needed.
- Operating the linen spreader, towel/linen folder and ironer in the proper manner.
- Operating a commercial washer/extractor in a relief capacity as directed.
- Reporting any problems or malfunctions of Laundry equipment to a supervisor.
- Utilizing disposable gloves and the necessary protection while working in the Laundry area.
- Assisting Laundry personnel with their job assignments when necessary.
- Maintaining a clean and organized work area on a daily basis.
- Turning off equipment prior to leaving at the end of each shift.
- Making sure the gas is turned off and that the rollers on the ironer are in up position at the end of each shift.
- Adhere to the policies of the Hotel as set forth in the Employee Handbook and report any observed violations to Human Resources.
- Assist Pick-up with loading of closets when necessary.
- Maintain the highest level of employee/guest relations.
- Ability to work any assigned shift/work schedule.
- Any other task, written or verbal, that is assigned by Management.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all Departments.