Hotel De Anza
California-Silicon Valley/San Jose
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Hotel De AnzaHotel De Anza, a downtown San Jose luxury boutique hotel, offers the ultimate combination of classic architecture, modern comfort and exceptional hospitality. The hotel is located in the heart of downtown San Jose and within walking distance to the SAP Center, San Jose Convention Center, various restaurants, attractions and conveniently situated only three miles from the San Jose Airport. This AAA Four Diamond hotel offers luxurious guest rooms and well-appointed amenities tailored to fit the convenient needs of the savvy traveler. Hotel De Anza's four star rated, La Pastaia Restaurant continually delights Bay Area diners with its contemporary Italian cuisine and metropolitan ambience.
Job OverviewYou will work within the housekeeping department to monitor and maintain the availability of necessary linens and towels. You will work closely with other departments within the property to remain informed and ready with the daily necessities of the operation.Essential Functions
- Take pride in your work by monitoring and maintaining safety, cleanliness, sanitation and organization of laundry facilities, equipment, and storage areas
- Be proactive in removing from circulation any torn or stained linen for reclaim or discard according to standards
- Maintain complete knowledge of proper maintenance and use of equipment
- Follow the required procedures for handling, cleaning, disposing of, or moving objects/materials and/or the clean-up of hazardous materials in accordance with the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Standards
- Promptly report any damages or maintenance problems
- Experience. Previous related experience is helpful, but we will train the right attitude!
- Knowledge. Must understand proper cleaning techniques, chemical handling, and the requirements for use of housekeeping equipment.
- Strengths. Must work well with others, have an eye for detail and have the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.