At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class resort!
A Spectacular Mountaintop Retreat
The AAA Four Diamond award-winning Chaminade Resort & Spa is a spectacular mountaintop retreat in Santa Cruz. Our historic Mission-style resort overlooks sweeping views of Monterey Bay and the Santa Cruz Mountains. Chaminade is a luxurious destination for executive meetings, celebrations and getaways. Enjoy color palettes inspired by California coast, contemporary Spanish furnishings, and world-class amenities. Chaminade is just five minutes from golf courses, the beach and downtown Santa Cruz. Escape to a haven of unsurpassed service.
Position Description & Job Responsibilities
· Implements plans to create and maintain landscape material throughout the resort. Initiates purchase order processes, and installs plants materials. This includes new and existing beds and annual flower rotations.
· Plants flowers, shrubs, trees, landscaping, and sod. Mulch and edge beds. Prepares beds for planting of materials. Pulls weeds. Uses hose to water plantings.
· Applies chemicals and fertilizers to resort properties in safe manner. Waters in chemicals or fertilizers after application. Calibrates application equipment. Uses hand spreaders, push spreaders, hand sprayer, riding sprayer.
· Maintains a safe working environment for self and co-workers. Monitors safety of maintenance areas for guest safety.
· Uses walking and riding mowers, carts, push mowers, and a variety of powered and non-powered hand tools to maintain grounds and landscaping. Cleans and maintains equipment that is used. Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
· Installs, cleans, and repairs drainage.
· Reports problems encountered on site to supervisor immediately. Takes appropriate steps to address emergency situations.
Formal Education and Job Related Requirements
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Two years’ experience in Grounds Maintenance and/or Landscaping preferred.
· Experienced with the safe and modern application of chemicals and fertilizers.
· Ability to communicate in written and oral forms.
· Ability to work independently and in team setting.
· Ability to operate a variety of small equipment and hand tools in safe manner.
Job-Related Physical Requirements
Occasional Sitting, Crouching, Kneeling, Balancing, Lifting/Carrying up to 70lbs, Fine Motor Skills, Color Recognition. Frequent Standing, Walking, Bending Over, Reaching, Pushing, Pulling, Crouching, Lifting/Carrying up to 25lbs, Manual Dexterity, Gross Motor Skills, Eye/Hand Coordination, Near Vision, Far Vision, Hearing. Constant Standing
Environmental Factors include
Working Outside, Working Inside, Working Alone, Working Closely With Others, Excessive Cold/Heat, Excessive Humidity/Dampness, Noise/Vibrations, Working Above Ground, Working with Chemicals/Detergents/Cleaners, Working Around Fumes/Smoke/Gas, Walking on Uneven Surfaces, Motorized Equipment or Vehicles, Working Around Machinery/Motorized Equip
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.