Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Grounds Attendant maintains and cleans walkways, landscaping, grounds and parking lots in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards and federal, state and local regulations.What you will be doing
- Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management.
- Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
- Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting.
- Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate.
- Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations.
- Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
- Remove trash daily from sidewalks, grounds, landscaping and parking lots.
- Fertilizes, water, weed, cut and trim landscaping. Remove and replace dead or damaged plants, shrubs and trees. Plant new flowers and shrubs in appropriate seasons.
- Operate power lawn mowers, edgers, hand tools and vehicles associated with ground maintenance and landscaping activities.
- Maintain grounds equipment and tools in proper working order. Perform minor maintenance and repair on equipment and tools as required.
- Store tools and equipment in clean and safe condition.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures.
- Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma plus training in horticulture.
- Prior landscaping and grounds-keeping experience required.
- Prior experienceofirrigation repair and troubleshooting
- A current driver’s license is required.
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
- Knowledge of landscaping and grounds maintenance.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate lawn mowers, edgers, shovels, snow plows, hand tools and other needed equipment.
- Knowledge of and ability to properly use landscaping chemicals and pesticides.
- Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.