Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Steward cleans and sanitizes all areas of the kitchen and operates the dish washing machine in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
What you will be doing
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operate dish washing machine including proper rack stacking and silver presoaking. Wash dishes, pots and pans, kitchen utensils, glasses, silverware, etc.
- Maintain mop station with mops/buckets, brooms, and proper cleaning solutions. Sweep and mop floors. Keep floors clean and dry, pick up wet spills immediately.
- Clean walls, tables, racks sinks, floor mats and disposal area. Polish stainless steel.
- Clean ovens, hoods, filters, drains, hot boxes, steam tables, flat boxes and ceiling vents, according to schedule or as directed.
- Empty all trash cans, wash out and return to kitchen.
- Perform special cleaning projects as assigned.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
- High school education or related experience.
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
- Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service.
- Ability to understand and comply with proper cleaning techniques, policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate dish washing machine, burnisher, steam cleaner, cardboard bailer, mop and properly use cleaning supplies.
- Ability to timely complete assigned tasks and identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
- Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
- The Norfolk Waterside Marriott is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disabled.