• High school education, GED, or equivalent experience required.
Union experience a plus
• Minimum 3 years of experience working within Restaurant/Food & Beverage required in a high volume hotel, conference center or resort with at least one year of those in a supervisory role.
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Knowledge of OSHA, Department of Health Sanitation regulations
• Ability to work & train on all line including garde manger, saute, fry, pastry, etc...
• Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff
• Must be able to prepare and analyze data and figures, and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer.
• Demonstrated leadership - Proven ability to effectively lead and train a diverse workforce.
• Projects a professional and polished image that inspires confidence and trust. Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards
• Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services and standards to the highest caliber
• Highly organized, able to prioritize multiple tasks, have a sense of urgency to complete projects and be detail oriented.
• Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
• Computer literate: Proficiency in MS Office
• Adaptable to learning new and customized software programs
• Adept at managing fast paced environment and putting people at ease
• Comfortable interfacing with a diverse group of individuals
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English
• Ability to prioritize, identify problems, and seek solutions and follow up and follow through with a variety of tasks
• Must be able to work variable shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
• Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
Work Conditions and physical effort:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. Wyndham Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer