The Resort at Squaw Creek, a AAA Four-Diamond resort, is ideally situated at the base of Squaw Valley USA, home of the 1960 Winter Olympics. The Resort at Squaw Creek instills in all of its employees the belief that we are a proud team dedicated to a quality experience for our guests, owners and associates. All members of the Resort at Squaw Creek Team are empowered to provide a quality guest service and an exceptional associate experience.
For all associates, the Resort offers ski pass discounts, free golf play, amenity discounts, national hotel discounts, the diversity of working with people from all over the world, and the ability to work and live in a community of the luxurious mountains of Lake Tahoe where the activities are endless all year round.
Job OverviewTo assist with promoting and facilitating a professional interactive role in our established culinary department. This position is responsible for hiring, scheduling, training and managing culinary staff. Essential Functions
- To lead by example, support and demonstrate strong leadership in the kitchen
- Hire and training all culinary staff for the restaurant
- Create and manage the weekly staff schedule
- Assist in daily production of restaurant, as well as monitoring the day to day prep list
- Handle all food and beverage ordering for the restaurant
- Maintain solid knowledge of all food products and is able to skillfully apply culinary techniques
- Prepare both hot and cold items and demonstrate a variety of cooking techniques
- Identify and safely use all kitchen equipment
- Apply advanced knife skills required for service
- Ensure all requisitions are processed properly and placed in designated areas
- Properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation
- Taste and visually inspects all prepared food made in the culinary areas and takes action to correct any irregularities
- Ensures food, garnishes and plate presentations are adhered to standard
- Produce recipes efficiently and consistently
- Create weekly calendar of specials
- Ensures portion necessities and portion control for all food functions are recipes, especially high cost items
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others. Excellent phone skills needed.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate to any guest or associate.
A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.