About Stonebridge Companies
Our core values are what drive our Company. We strive to create a respectable, stable and enjoyable workplace, to conduct our business with integrity, to recognize and celebrate our innovative associates, to uphold quality standards, to strive for enriched service and to support the communities in our backyards. Our mission is to consistently refer to the four components of our Mission Statement for guidance during both good and turbulent times. Stonebridge Companies' vision is to be recognized as a highly respected industry leader in hotel development and a top operator of hotel assets.
Stonebridge Companies is interested in attracting and investing in talented, dedicated and highly motivated associates who want to join a progressive organization that believes their associates are their greatest asset. We believe that what lies at the heart of a great company is a place where associates are respected. We believe that when a culture of respect is paramount, associates will in turn treat our guests to the highest level of respect they can deliver. Our current and future success is based on our ability to predict associates needs, recognize their talent, cultivate and nurture those skills. What inspires our associates to want to come to work every day is the opportunity to learn and partner with inspired leaders who are active listeners that care about them.
* Are you looking for an exciting, rewarding and progressive career in hospitality?
* Are you outgoing, adventuresome and consider yourself a people person?
* Do you enjoy making people smile and going out of your way to make them happy?
* Would you like to be a part of a successful team, motivating each other to reach far beyond our goals to grow into industry leaders?
* Are you nodding your head and thinking YES, THIS IS ME?
Then submit your application to be considered for this fantastic opportunity!
The Holiday Inn & Suites, DIA is a full service airport property in need of an experienced AM kitchen supervisor.
The Kitchen Supervisor is responsible for assisting and participating in daily culinary operations for all dining outlets and banquet facilities in accordance with recipes and established standards in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding service and financial profitability.
* Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and stewards during assigned shift.
* Execute orders and prepare food items according to designated recipes and quality standards
* Ensure all stations are set prior to service and closing duties are performed.
* Ensure all stations maintain cleanliness and comply with food sanitation standards at all times
* Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products.
* Monitor stock of kitchen supplies and food.
* Controls quality and consistency of all food served during assigned shift.
* Prepare requisitions for supplies and food items, as needed.
* Assist in controlling food cost.
* Assist in controlling labor cost by adjusting work schedules according to workloads and occupancy.
* Assist management in training, counseling, disciplining and coaching cooks and stewards.
* Report any maintenance or security problems to the appropriate department promptly.
* Ensure correct food handling and food storage procedures according to federal, state, local and company regulations during assigned shift.
* Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time, and observes prescribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with standards.
* Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
* Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies may be required.
Associate demonstrates a high QUALITY of work
* Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
* Applies feedback to improve performance.
* Work is accurate, thorough, and neat.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
* Meets or exceed productivity standards.
* Assists staff in achieving their personal productivity expectations.
Associate demonstrates SAFETY AND SECURITY measures
* Observes, adheres to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
* Provides proper safety and security training to staff.
* Practices and enforces proper safety techniques.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
* Seeks out new assignments and assumes additional duties when necessary.
* Undertakes self-development activities.
* Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
Associate demonstrates effective TEAMWORK
* Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
* Works effectively with other departments to accomplish goals.
Associate demonstrates effective CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
* Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
* Demonstrates the desire and ability to provide high quality service to both internal and external customers.
Associate demonstrates effective SUPERVISING skills
* Makes self available to staff to answer questions and provide direction.
* Delegates work assignments and follows up to ensure completion.
* Develops staff so that successful customer service scores are achieved.
Associate demonstrates clear and effective ORAL / WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
* Able to communicate effectively with staff and other departments.
* Practices attentive and active listening with all employees.
* Able to read and interpret written information
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
* Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
* Takes responsibility for own actions.
* Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Minimum of two years of culinary education or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of two years in culinary leadership role, preferably in a similarly sized hotel operation, is required. Cooking and presenting food is a large portion of position requirements.
Banquet experience is preferred.
The Kitchen Supervisor must be able to obtain any government required licenses or certificates, such as the State Health certificate; CPR certification or first aid training preferred.
Must be able to work AM or PM shifts as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess strong understanding of food product options, standard recipes, preparation methods and demonstrate ability to read and follow Banquet Event Orders. Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations, distinguish product, taste, texture and presentation and observe preparation.
* Position has supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment normally entails the following:
• Indoor work environment, working near moving mechanical parts with extreme heat.
• Exposure to cleaning chemicals throughout the day
• Moderate noise levels consistent with culinary environment
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
The physical activity normally entails the following attributes.
Position is expected to:
• Stand more than 2/3 of the time
• Walk more than 2/3 of the time
• Sit less than 1/3 of the time
• Use hands to finger, handle, or feel 100% of time
• Lift up to 40 lbs.
• Push / pull up to 40lbs.
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of