A tradition of hospitality
In Louisiana, we use the term, "lagniappe" when talking about anything that involves "a little something extra"... "above and beyond"... "exceeding expectations". Isn't that what hospitality's all about? Delivering more than you promise to satisfy your guests? We think it is, and we believe it's also the fundamental principle upon which strong business relationships are forged.
Dimension has earned a reputation of success by sticking with a few, basic business philosophies:
- Be affiliated with great brands!
- Recruit and retain great people!
- Continuously improve!
It's not complicated. Call it "the basics". But, we've built a winning tradition by:
- Selecting winning development sites and capitalizing on well-timed acquisition opportunities.
- Working with a winning combination of industry-leading lenders, architects, contractors, and vendor-partners.
- Maintaining a geographically diversified portfolio of superior hotel product concepts in markets with upside growth potential.
- Be aware of month-to-date raw food costs, monthly budget and current status with regard to purchases so that pro active measures can be taken to meet and exceed monthly budgeted food cost.
- Procure all goods and services by securing bids on all purchases and being responsible for monthly and weekly quote sheets from major purveyors.
- Ensure the resort is obtaining the quality and quantity of merchandise ordered at the quoted price and to code and process all invoices.
- Maintain coolers and food storage areas at all times, communicate with Sous Chefs.
- Required to work on days of food order placement.
- Maintain monthly inventory including: updating prices due to fluctuations, collect all inventory count sheets, collect all transfers (food to bar, bar to food liquor,) send results to accounting, verify accuracy and make adjustments if necessary.
- Make recommendations to management in regard to maximizing profit margins.
- Prepare reports, as requested, including and internal food and beverage costs, to develop a more informative data base for improved management decision making and critical evaluation of work activities.
- Audit food and beverage invoices for proper prices, extensions and discounts; track credits due from vendors, working with accounting department to ensure accurate payments.
- Control product/owners' assets and prevent loss through theft and/or spoilage.
- Ensure the proper authorization for the release of product and account for daily food and beverage issues.
- Ensure proper check in and storage procedures are adhered to, i.e. Scales, etc.
- Oversee and assist with physical food and beverage inventories.
- Review, evaluate and reconcile end of month food and beverage results and reports to food and beverage director and executive chef.
- Receive food by physical checking off of invoices; product received for product ordered.
- Store food using FIFO method in all areas. Labeled, dated. Use of, USE FIRST stickers.
- Ship out and receive all items from carriers to include hotel and guest packages
- Record all received items from carriers and deliver to appropriate location.
- Keep all carrier items in an orderly fashion.
- Other duties as assigned.