As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at
We are a full service San Diego waterfront hotel with 600 rooms and suites featuring furnished balconies with relaxing views of the sparkling Big Bay and panoramic skyline. Our 24,000 square feet of meeting space has recently been renovated and offers flexibility for distinctive conferences, reunions, weddings, and events. Our average tenure for 230 associates is 14 years of service that speaks to the dedication our associates have for the property, its people, and guest. Our hotel professionals stand ready to go the extra mile and deliver an exceptional experience. We are seeking professionals who have the Count on Me! spirit and are looking to grow their career. Wyndham San Diego Bayside presents the ideal opportunity to take your career to the next level!
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a
to work at our beautiful
Wyndham San Diego Bayside
San Diego, CA.
This position is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and proper storage of all china, glass, and silver, and ensuring the highest standards of sanitation. He/she is also responsible for assisting the kitchen staff in maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen and all storage areas; specifically for cleaning all equipment, utensils, and the physical work area. He/she is also responsible for assisting with proper food storage and rotation.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and orderliness in all kitchens, back dock, dumpster and utility work areas.
• Heavy duty cleaning of ovens, grills, sinks, walls, floors, walk-in refrigerators and freezers and other heavy kitchen equipment.
• Wash pots, pans, and kitchen utensils following proper procedure for their cleanliness and sanitation, and Vacuum carpeted areas through the food and beverage outlets.
• Sweep, mop and wash floors in all food and beverage areas, kitchen, and restaurant and dock area.
• Keep management informed of shortage of equipment and supplies.
• Operate the dishwashing equipment to ensure that all china, glass, and silver are cleaned thoroughly and sanitation of such is maintained.
• Return all clean china, glass, and silver to its proper storage location using care to minimize breakage.
• Knowledge of proper safe handling techniques for all chemicals used.
• Report any faulty equipment to management immediately.
• Empty garbage from the Food and Beverage areas into the hotel dumpster.
• Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing equipment.
• Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other employees.
• Follow the proper procedures in the breakdown, cleaning and reassembling of all kitchen equipment, as needed.
• Follow all sanitation standards.
• Assist in the set up and breakdown of the restaurant buffet as required.
• Assist Banquets by supplying china, glass, and silver as required by business demand.