The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially created to be an authentic expression of Nashville’s vibrant music culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city’s distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in downtown Nashville.
The Omni Nashville Hotel’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match.
- To prepare all hot/cold food items. Be responsible for consistency and quality production and ensure all food is served according to specification.
- Maintain kitchen sanitation in accordance with health department guidelines
- Insure station is set for service 15 minutes prior to service.
- Required to learn all menu items produced by assigned station.
- Perform work assignments to meet proper quantities within a necessary time frame.
- Prepare plated style items
- Production of orders to include Grilling, Roasting, and Baking fish, steaks, chicken and shellfish.
- Maintain safe food handling procedures at all times
- Minimum 6 months (for entry level) to 3 years (advanced) relevant culinary experience, preferably in high volume fine dining restaurant operation.
- Knowledge of modern cooking techniques required.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Ability to perform culinary duties in open concept kitchen, handling guest requests efficiently and to the guests satisfaction.
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up
- Ability to produce high volumes of work while maintaining quality per Omni standards
- Culinary degree and/or formal training preferred
- The ability to stand/walk for long periods of time and lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds. Requires repetitive motion with both hands and occasional bending/stooping/kneeling.
- Must be able to utilize culinary tools (knives, commercial equipment, etc) and taste/smell.
- Flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.