Tucked away on Mission Bay you will find Paradise Point Resort & Spa, a 44-acre island resort conveniently located next door to SeaWorld and just minutes from the airport, downtown San Diego, and top attractions like the world-famous San Diego Zoo.
Featuring over 462 bungalow-style rooms nestled amongst tropical gardens, lagoons, and beaches, Paradise Point has served as a top destination for Southern California vacations, weddings, and meetings for over 50 years.
You will join a team of incredibly friendly and positive people that are all committed to providing exceptional service to all of our guests. We foster an environment of service and respect where everyone's ideas and points of view are welcomed.
Job OverviewResponsible for the daily maintenance and repairs for all kitchen, restaurant and bar equipment to include but not limited to stoves, dishwashers, ice machines, deep fryers and walk-in, reach-in coolers. Perform Preventive Maintenance as assigned or required while keeping system downtime to a minimum. Provide our guest with first class services that promotes return visits.Essential Functions
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Conduct daily Preventive Maintenance (PM) on all kitchen, restaurant and bar equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair all Kitchen related Mechanical and Electrical equipment including fryers, steamers, griddles, hot boxes and dishwashers.
- Perform any necessary repairs in a timely manner as to reduce downtime.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance, inspection and repair
- Install and repair plumbing distribution in kitchens and bar areas throughout the property. Maintain familiarity with welding, brazing and cutting torch practices as needed for repairs. Install and repair gas lines to all kitchen equipment.
- Install and maintain new equipment (assist HVAC team on cooler and freezer installations).
- Maintain grease line and sanitation lines, snaking out of drains in all kitchens and bars.
- Test and operate all equipment to ensure proper function.
- Comply with OSHA regulations, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and safety precautions
- Track all associated inventory and maintain established inventory levels.
- Complete all required reports on equipment history to include all cost associated with any repair or PM.
- Must be certified in the trade in which this position is specialized
- Previous experience in specialized trade at a similar facility Must have basic knowledge in the building maintenance fields with a minimum of one (1) year in a similar position or equal experience and or training
- Some general-overall mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, kitchen, carpentry and facilities maintenance knowledge
- Must know how to use or have the ability to learn and understand basic diagnostic devices to trouble shoot and maintain equipment (meters, detectors, measuring tools, test kits, etc.)
- Must be experienced with hand tools and other tools used in the normal repair and maintenance of equipment