Stowe Mountain Lodge, located in the heart of the storybook town of Stowe, Vermont, is New England's preeminent ski-in/ski-out mountain lodge. Boasting 312 luxuriously appointed accommodations, world-class spa, award-winning dining, 18-hole Bob Cupp designed golf course, 24-hour heated pool and a wide array of year-round activities, Stowe Mountain Lodge is a destination truly unlike anything else in the east. Despite the carefully crafted rustic Vermont-Alpine architecture, stunning, panoramic mountain views and the tranquility of the area, Stowe Mountain Lodge believes success is achieved by the team behind the property. At Stowe Mountain Lodge, we promote a strong work ethic, cooperation and a team-building mentality, positive spirit, new ideas and growth and reward those who consistently go above and beyond in their work. We empower our employees, at every level, so each individual can truly make a difference at Stowe Mountain Lodge. Undoubtedly, we recognize it is people that support Stowe Mountain Lodge that make it the most exceptional, unsurpassed, luxury ski resort in the Northeast.
Job OverviewTo assist with promoting and facilitating a professional interactive role in our established culinary department. This position is responsible for hiring, scheduling, training and managing culinary staff. Essential Functions
- To lead by example, support and demonstrate strong leadership in the kitchen
- Hire and training all culinary staff for the restaurant
- Create and manage the weekly staff schedule
- Assist in daily production of restaurant, as well as monitoring the day to day prep list
- Handle all food and beverage ordering for the restaurant
- Maintain solid knowledge of all food products and is able to skillfully apply culinary techniques
- Prepare both hot and cold items and demonstrate a variety of cooking techniques
- Identify and safely use all kitchen equipment
- Apply advanced knife skills required for service
- Ensure all requisitions are processed properly and placed in designated areas
- Properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation
- Taste and visually inspects all prepared food made in the culinary areas and takes action to correct any irregularities
- Ensures food, garnishes and plate presentations are adhered to standard
- Produce recipes efficiently and consistently
- Create weekly calendar of specials
- Ensures portion necessities and portion control for all food functions are recipes, especially high cost items
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others. Excellent phone skills needed.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate to any guest or associate.
A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.