We are in search for an experienced Kitchen Manager with strong banqueting experience at one of our hotels in Winnipeg. As the Kitchen Manager, you would be responsible for all kitchen functions, including but not limited to food purchasing, receiving, preparation and maintenance of quality standards, safety, sanitation and cleanliness. The Kitchen Manager is responsible for the training of employees in connection with purchasing, receiving, preparation and maintenance of quality standards, safety, sanitation and cleanliness.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the operations recipes, portioning, cooking, and serving standards.
- Responsible for maintaining the approved food cost
- Responsible for ordering food products according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are received in accordance with the operations policies and procedures.
- All food and beverage purchasing will be coordinated in conjunction with corporate and company guidelines to ensure purchase compliance.
- Must attend all company mandated meetings and conference calls as required.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the operations preventative maintenance programs.
- Facilitate all equipment and small ware purchases through the correct company guidelines, using approved corporate supply mechanisms only.
- Make employment and termination decisions including interviewing, hiring, evaluating, and disciplining kitchen personal as appropriate.
- Provide orientation of company department rules, policies and procedures and oversee training of new kitchen employees.
- Prepare all company paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in the approved format and an organized and timely manner.
- Oversee and ensure that the operations policies on employee appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Oversee the training of all kitchen associates in safe operation of all kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Responsible for training of all kitchen personnel in cleanliness and sanitation practices.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in varied kitchen positions leading to Kitchen Management experience.
- Strong banquet food preparation skills.
- Possess strong organizational and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Must be competent in basic computer skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Be able to reach, bend, stop, and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Have exceptional hygiene and grooming habits.
Please submit covering letter and resume to:
Corporate F&B Manager • Atlific Hotels