Colorado Springs Marriott
Location: US - CO - Colorado Springs
SUMMARY: The Kitchen Cook is primarily responsible for following specified standard recipes as directed and prepare food to the Executive and Sous Chefs specifications. S/He will contribute to the Hotel's success as a team player and Department Head.
The Kitchen Cook shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Communicate with staff and guests with dignity and respect.
- Maintain a teamwork orientation towards co-workers.
- Work safely and effectively with all kitchen equipment and staff.
- Show initiative and ability to work without supervision.
- Show willingness to be trained in all areas of preparation.
- Sustain clear and effective communications.
- Operate with integrity and commitment for continued growth.
- Visually inspect, select, and use only the freshest ingredients in the preparation of all menu items.
- Read and employ math skills for following recipes.
- Ensure proper receiving, storage, and rotation of food products so as to comply with health department regulations.
- Maintain a commitment to customer service and guest satisfaction.
- Accept responsibility for the health, safety, and welfare of the guests and employees.
- Emphasize safety awareness.
- Represent the interest of the Hotel and its employees in a fair, impartial, and equitable manner.
- Reinforce the highest standards of quality, service, and overall integrity of guest experience.
- Work to develop and maintain the highest culinary standards.
- Maintain a focus on defining results.
- Manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Provide creative influence in establishing menu recipes and specials.
- Complete necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
- Build positive relations with team members and supervisors.
- Additional duties not listed and requested by management.
Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Culinary coursework from recognized culinary institute
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Previous hospitality experience preferred
- Previous fine dining experience preferred
- Must have knowledge of plating procedures./
- Must have the ability to comply with sanitation guidelines
- Experience in working efficiently in a high volume, production-oriented environment./
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to carry oneself in a mature, professional and responsible manner at all times
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees, and third parties that reflect highly on the hotel, the brand, and the Company
- Service-minded and team-oriented
- Strong attention to detail and hospitality knowledge
- Ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage time and resources
- Willingness and ability to promote a positive team member culture and core values
- Fluency in other languages beneficial
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must have exceptional communication skills
- Must be detailed orientated and work well under pressure
- Must be able to follow direction when ordered
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with employees
- Ability to effectively express oneself and speak extemporaneously on a variety of subjects with poise and confidence
- Strong creative capabilities, necessary for design of skill-based and awareness-based training programs and instructional materials
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Ability to multi-task, manage interruptions, establish work priorities, handle stress, and effectively function in a fast-paced environment
- Possess strong motivational, organizational and verbal communication skills
- Physical capabilities for lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand & arm movements consistent with kitchen work
- Must be able to regularly sit, talk or hear, taste, and smell
- Must be able to work in an environment with loud noises and variable temperatures
- Must be able to work with food preparation and kitchen equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.